Chair of Microbiology
Research at the Microbiology Section focuses on bacterial regulation mechanisms e.g. in Campylobacter jejuni, Bordetella pertussis and Helicobacter pylori. It spans from host/pathogen interactions, analyses of regulatory signaling networks and expression analyses to molecular aspects of protein/DNA, protein/protein or protein/ligand interactions.
- General host/pathogen interactions (S. Backert, N. Tegtmeyer, B. Linz)
- Secreted proteases as novel virulence dominants in bacteria (S. Backert, N. Tegtmeyer, B. Linz)
- Structure and Function of the H. pylori cag type IV secretion system (S. Backert)
- Phosphorylation and signaling of bacterial effector proteins (N. Tegtmeyer)
- Involvement of cortactin in pathogenicity associated processes (N. Tegtmeyer)
- Novel Helicobacter species (S. Backert)